Choosing the best Bassinet mattress for a baby is not an easy task. When we are new parents, we do not know what is right for a child and what is not.
If you have already bought a crib then you are definitely planning to buy a bassinet mattress.
Don’t worry stay with me in this article. I’ll help you buy the best bassinet mattress.
With the arrival of the baby, the worry of the parents also increases.
Every parent wants their child to have no problem sleeping. That’s why it’s a hassle to buy a great mattress for them.
Comfort is very important for a newborn. We know that babies between the ages of 0 and 6 months spend most of their time sleeping.
That’s why we should understand how important a mattress is for a child. Which is specially designed for his comfort.
The best baby bassinet mattress is the one that suits your baby’s body. Next, I’ll tell you how you can buy the best crib mattress.
You’ve come this far, meaning you’ve been wanting to buy a bassinet mattress.
And want to know which is the best mattress for a baby and how to buy it.
Bassinet mattress size
There are different types of bassinet mattresses in the market. Their size can be of different types.
You should also keep in mind the size while buying a mattress for a newborn.
The size of the mattress is also an important part of your baby’s comfort.
The typical measurement of a bassinet mattress is 117X57cm, for a standard 120X60cm crib.
Apart from this, a mattress can also vary in size according to the type of bassinet. It depends on your bassinet.
When buying a bassinet mattress, you should keep in mind whichever mattress you are buying.
It should fit snugly into the bassinet, so that it doesn’t get trapped when your child puts his hand or foot on it.
This can cause injury to the newborn. Therefore, you should measure the size of your bassinet
when you buy your crib mattress. So that you can buy a great bassinet mattress.
The gap between the mini crib and the mattress should never exceed 5 cm.
Bassinet mattress Hardness and Flexibility
Firm and flat mattresses are great for babies. This means that the mattress used for bassinets should not be too soft, nor too hard.
Choosing a hard bassinet mattress would not have been comfortable for the baby’s organs. This can put excessive pressure on the baby.
Too soft a mattress can also affect the baby’s organs. A too soft mattress will make it easier for your baby to sink into it.
Due to which the spinal cord of the child will be affected.
The baby may also face difficulty in breathing due to drowning in the soft mattress.
Therefore, we must also keep in mind the balance between hardness and flexibility while selecting a pit.
So that we can buy a safe mattress for the child.
The bassinet mattress is the first place the baby rests after birth, so we should try to ensure that their rest is healthy, healthy and comfortable.
We also have to be very confident that we can stay calm and safe with the purchases made.
A firm and flexible mattress distributes all of the baby’s weight.
Thereby, thus, reducing the risk of developmental malformations in the spine, or parts of the body such as the head.
Also, the mattresses that come with the bassinet you buy are too thin.
That’s why you should also pay attention to their thickness when buying a new mattress.
If you are looking for the best mattress for babies, it is recommended that this one is 12-18cm thick.
There is no need to have a very thick mattress for the baby.
Because the weight of children is light. You should pay more attention to the quality of the mattress while buying it.
Bassinet mattress material
The material used in the manufacture of a mattress is an important factor in baby safety.
While buying a mattress, we should know what kind of construction material is used in it.
If any material is used in the mattress which is not baby friendly then it can cause some disease for the baby.
These should be hypoallergenic to avoid potential allergies or skin redness.
In addition, these materials should not contain any harmful or chemical substances. which can harm the newborn.
We should choose mattresses that meet all these safety standards and provide a guarantee of safety.
Plastic covers coming over the mattress should also be avoided. These can interfere with the baby’s sleep.
Due to these, the child sweats, which makes it difficult for him to sleep.
A newborn’s head is very tender in the first few months. For this, it is very important for us to choose an ideal mattress.
The material of a mattress should be such that it does not put too much pressure on the baby’s head.
Your bassinet mattress should be easy to clean
If you are buying a mattress for a newborn, then you should also take care of the cleanliness of the mattress.
A newborn will make the mattress dirty and it is likely to get spit marks and stains among other things.
That’s why you should buy a waterproof mattress that is safe for a child.
In the case of babies countless bacteria, dust and mites accumulate in any mattress every day.
Cleaning of the pit is essential for a comfortable sleep for a child.
Therefore, it is a good option to go for a waterproof mattress. You have to clean it and it is ready to use.
Are bassinet mattresses safe?
A bassinet mattress is completely safe for baby. Because it is made only for a newborn. The child can rest safely in it.
● A newborn can also rest on his stomach in it.
● Reduces sudden death.
● Completely safe to breathe.
● Protects the child from infection.
● Comfortable surface for baby.
Why is your bassinet mattress so thin and hard?
The main reason why bassinet mattresses are so thin and tough is the safety of a baby and his safe sleep.
There’s no reason for a bassinet mattress to be so thin by design. It is made keeping in mind the safety of your child.
So you shouldn’t be worried about your mattress being flat and hard.
Best Bassinet mattresses for baby
If you have already purchased a bassinet, your baby’s comfort will depend on the mattress of your choice.
Below are some of the best mattresses I recommend, you can check them out.
If you are wondering where to buy the bassinet mattress on Amazon
Below in this article you’ll find a selection of the best-selling and best-rated models we’ve found on Amazon so you won’t waste any more time searching.
Big Oshi Waterproof Oval Baby Bassinet Mattress
- Ultimate Comfort: Comfortable mattress and soft foam for your baby
- ECO-FRIENDLY SHIPPING: This mattress ships compactly in a carry box.Please open the box carefully and allow 24-36 hours for the mattress to fully regain its shape.
- EASY TO CLEAN: 100% waterproof cover wipes off all stains with ease
- Perfectly Shaped: Specially designed to fit oval shaped bassinets
Bassinet/Cradle Mattress by Colgate Mattress
- Comfortable: Plush 2″ thickness provides extra comfort and support.
- Safe: GreenGuard Gold Certified; non toxic substances
- Rounded Corners: Fits in smaller sized bassinets
- EASY TO CLEAN: Tear-resistant, white quilted cover. Cleanable with a damp cloth and mild soap.
- Measurements: 15″ X 30″ X 2″; Designed to fit most standard American bassinets and cradles; Please be sure to measure your crib before placing your order
- Made in America: Made by Colgate Mattresses, Crib Mattress Specialists for Over 65 Years
Biloban Bassinet Mattress Pad
- 100% bamboo on surface and waterproof TPU
- WATERPROOF & ABSORBENT & Breathable & Food-grade TPU backing layer of waterproof bassinet pad protects the mattress from any water seepage or bed-wetting.
- Noiseless and Quiet: The bamboo wool surface of the pad has sound absorption and insulation performance. So whenever the baby moves there is no only “crinkle” noise that will affect your baby’s sleep quality.
- PERFECT FIT: The Biloban bassinet mattress pads are ideal for the Halo bassinet swivel/glide bassinet sleeper mattress.
- WASH DURABLE & EASYcare: Neatly stitched for year-round durability and easy care for the bassinet mattress pad.
- Biloban’s Life-Time Guarantee: You can trust the quality of Biloban.
Hope the tips I have suggested will help you in buying a great bassinet mattress. If you got any help from this, then you can tell us by commenting. Your suggestions are always invited.