halo bassinet vs dock a tot
It seems like a lot of people are debating what’s best for their baby during the night—the halo bassinet vs dock a tot. I’ve done quite a bit of research on bassinets, and believe me I’ve come to a result on the matter. Before I discuss the details of both, let me give you a quick overview of what they are if you haven’t heard of them yet.
Both the Halo bassinet vs Dock a tot are designed for the same purpose—to give you a safe place to put baby down so you can get some rest. However, if you’re like most parents, you want to make sure that whatever product you use is safe for your little one.
Which is better for your child and your home? Let us find out together in this article, and then we can sleep through the night knowing that the information I provided to you will aid in your decision process to buy one of these for your baby.
What is dock a tot
DockATot® is a brand new baby lounger/bassinet. The DockATot® Deluxe+ features a revamped design that offers improved portability and multipurpose use. It is perfect for nap time, travel and play time and is suitable for 0-8 months old babies.
A baby lounger, also known as a nest or baby pod, is a small bed or seat sized to fit newborns. They are usually made of a soft, padded material on the inside and a firm, rounded surface on the outside.
Baby loungers are used as an alternative to a traditional crib or bassinet and can be helpful for parents who want to safely hold their newborn close to bedtime.
The lounger is made of 100% cotton fabric filled with hypoallergenic polyester fibers and breathable easily to control the temperature. It also provides padding around the head and sides, which is great for babies who are learning to sit or roll over.
The material is machine washable, so it can be cleaned without worry—though you can opt for the Deluxe+ if you plan to use it outdoors often. The original DockATot® comes in three colors: light pink, light blue and white.
What is halo bassinet
The Halo Bassinest Swivel Sleeper is the only bassinet that rotates 360 degrees for the ultimate in convenience and safety. Now your little one can sleep as close as they want, while still sleeping safely in their own separate sleeping area, reducing the risks associated with sharing a bed. Apart from bringing the baby closer, it rotates to make getting out of bed hassle-free.
Its unique design means baby is visible at your eye level, allowing you to quickly soothe your baby. Patented side wall lowers and retracts automatically, so you can care for your baby without any extra adjustments
halo bassinet vs dock a tot comparison
The Halo Bassinest Swivel Sleeper is a unique bassinet that rotates 360 degrees to bring the baby to you. This allows you to safely sleep next to your baby without worrying about them rolling over.
It has a retractable wall that can be lowered so that it is easy to get in and out of the bed. The wall also creates a feeling of co-sleeping while giving your baby a safe sleeping place. There are mesh sides for easy viewing.
Dock a tot is a baby lounger where your baby can rest and it comes with a removable cover. The dock provides a safe and comfortable space that allows baby to rest, have fun, play, hug, tummy, and change diapers. But it cannot be used for sleeping and it is not safe for sleeping.
halo bassinet vs dock a tot Can they travel with you?
- The HALO BassiNest swivel sleeper is not for traveling. This is a stable bed that is great for keeping your baby next to you in your room. I think a lot of people don’t realize this and buy it thinking that they can easily carry it around the house, or bring it with them while travelling. I think it’s great for what it really is.
- Traveling with Dockatot is easy. The travel bags are made from durable, breathable polyester with a top zip to ensure it stays in place and a side handle for easy carrying. Lightweight, packable and perfect for parents who love to travel!
halo bassinet vs dock a tot cleaning
- The Halo Bassinest Swivel Sleeper comes in white with a removable, machine-washable 100% polyester fitted sheet, so you don’t have to worry about keeping it clean.
- Dockatot® can be cleaned with warm water and a mild detergent or soap. We recommend using non-chlorine bleach only when needed. For stubborn stains, we recommend soaking your cover overnight in a mixture of warm water and a mild detergent.
- The halo bassinet Swivel Sleeper is portable and lightweight so it can be carried from room to room. The 360 degree swivel allows you to find the right position without disturbing your baby, plus you can use the sleeper with or without the bed.
- The DockATot® Deluxe+ is lightweight and portable, making it ideal for travel or as an option on the go. Weighing in at just under 10lbs, this docking station is easy to move from room to room.
- Halo Bassinest is safe for up to 5 months or 20 lbs. For your baby’s safety, the halo bassinest Swivel Sleeper should not be used when your baby begins to strain on his hands and knees.
- Our Dock a tot are designed to transition with your growing baby from 0-8 months. The size, shape and material of the dock are ideal for babies from 0-8 months. The soothing qualities and portability of the dock make it very suitable for moms and dads on the go
halo bassinet vs dock a tot They are both safe options.
- The halo BassiNest is JPMA certified, meets ASTM standards for bassinets, and has been tested for chemical emissions.
- Deluxe+ docks are made from all-natural OekoTex certified materials – breathable hypoallergenic cotton fabric cover and liner filled with 100% non-toxic polyester fill.
Question / answers
Infant sleep is an important topic, and many parents have questions about safe sleep practices. The most common questions asked are, “Can my baby sleep in the dock? and “Is the halo bassinet safe?” These are great questions and we are happy to address them here.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends room-sharing for at least the first six months of a child’s life, and ideally for up to a year. Room-sharing, or having a child’s sleeping surface in the same room, can help reduce the risk of SIDS by up to 50 percent.
Is dockatot safe for sleeping
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) also recommends avoiding bumper pads, pillows, and blankets in the baby’s sleeping area. Dock a tot is not recommended for sleeping by the AAP or the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). These agencies recommend that babies sleep on their backs, in their crib or bassinet, without any extra items such as bumpers, pillows, blankets or toys.
What is a dock a Tot used for
The dock a tot is not an infant bed or baby crib. It is not intended for children to sleep through the night. But it can be used for nap time, tummy time, play time or for travel. You can also use it as a bassinet or docking station when you are at home or on the go.
Conclusion of halo bassinet vs dock a tot
The Halo Bassinet is more expensive, but delivers a lot. It’s also a safe way to co-sleep, and offers many other benefits that the Dock-A-Tot simply can’t match. If you want to help keep your baby on their back for bedtime and bedtime, you should seriously consider the Halo Bassinet. Read full review here.
Related: halo bassinet luxe swivel sleeper